BUILD A WEB APP THAT WILL IMPROVE LIFE HERE ON EARTH.
World Challenge is an opportunity for students, academia and industry to deliver brilliant innovative solutions for world peace, health, ecology, education and sustainability.
Incorporate satellite data or Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) data to map buildings, terrain, vegetation analyses (i.e., NDVI), road status, optimum transportation and more. Find the data or generate the data, your web app for a more livable world can help us all! Think global, act local! You are entirely free to come up with exciting ways for data access, analysis and visualization.
- Expense paid trip for top six (6) project team (two (2) person per team for teams outside Europe, three (3) persons per team for teams from Europe) and accommondation in Hotel Clarion Helsinki, the highest hotel in Finland
- 6.000€ cash awards for top projects
- E2MS challenge prize 3000$ + 2 team members of the winning team will be awarded with a trip to the annual conference where E2MS was born (FiRe in Utah, Oct. 9-12, 2018)
- World Challenge jackets and T-Shirts
- Crystal Bull Award to top teams
- ESA logo t-shirts to qualifying teams
- UN Certificate of recognition
- ESA Certificates (look great framed and mounted on your wall!)
- The winner of the challenge will be invited by ESA to present his work and discover a world of new opportunities during the Earth Observation Φ-week event in Frascati (Rome), Italy, in November 2018. The award includes a free trip (from Europe) and 5 days hotel accommodation for one person.
- Send your cubesat design into orbit (with Space Nation Labs), value 40k€
- Resume gold!
- United Nations Office of Information and Communications Technology (UN OICT)
- UN Food and Agriculture Association, FAO
- Internationally recognized GIS experts
- European Commission Joint Research Center, JRC
- European Centre for Medium-Range Weather Forecasts (www.ECMWF.int)
- Meteorological Environmental Earth Observation (http://www.MEEO.it)
A full list of resources can be found via http://worldchallenge.live/